PRAYER BOOKMARK FOR FEBRUARY
MISSION OF THE MONTH - ENGAGE
Engage supports a Christian presence in primary and secondary schools in and around Woking – sharing God’s love with 15,000 children and young people.
Please pray for the Schools Workers Patrick Coad, Tracy Coleman and Shelley Tuohy, as well as local church workers and Engage volunteers in their work and specifically for:
· Patrick and the Assembly Team which will take the hope of the Easter message, by means of drama, into over 30 local primary schools next month.
· The primary schools clubs and CU clubs run at Winston, Hoe Valley and Woking College and Worship Wednesday at Woking High School.
· All mentoring and group work across the schools and College and especially for students dealing with difficulties in self esteem, anger management issues, bereavement, family break-up and personal identity challenges.
CHRIST CHURCH EVENTS
· Pray for Peter, Andy & all the staff team as they continue to lead us.
· Women’s Breakfast (2nd Feb) - pray that many women will come along & be blessed & encouraged by this time of fellowship.
· Newcomers Welcome Tea (3rd Feb) - pray that we will all continue to welcome newcomers well & that all will quickly feel at home amongst us.
· Monthly Prayer Meeting (5th Feb) - pray that many of us will take this opportunity to come together in prayer.
· Saturday Service (9th & 23rd) - pray for this new service as it starts to happen twice a month & give thanks for recent encouragements.
· Gateway - continue to pray for the team as they work to pull all the strands together, working with many different specialist professionals, to shape the planning application that they are aiming to submit within the next couple of months.
· Church Weekend Away (8-10th Mar) - pray that many of us will come along & be blessed, encouraged & challenged by this time away all together. Pray for all the practical arrangements that are being sorted out at the moment. Pray for those involved in leading & teaching all age-groups as they seek God's guidance as to what to share with us, especially Liz & Stew Bewley & their family & Jo Blair.
PEOPLE WE KNOW
· Phil Bailey, who has been diagnosed with Myeloma (a type of blood cancer) and would appreciate prayer for healing and support as he continues with treatment this month.
· Pray for all the young people coming to the youth bit of the Church Weekend Away. Pray that we engage deeply with God and each other.
· Pray for hubs, that we are working out what it looks like to walk wholeheartedly with Jesus through youth culture. Pray also that friendships are good and positive, particularly as we head towards the stress of exam season.
· Pray for wisdom and openings as we work on meeting the needs of young people’s wellbeing, and as we work to appoint a youth wellbeing worker to work in schools and church.
· Pray for Worship Wednesday at Woking High, that the young people will be seeing glimpses of Jesus and His Kingdom through our presence there.
· We are trialling a new curriculum for Celebr8, Activ8, Motiv8 and Area 56. Please pray for the team that they get to grips with it well. Please pray for the children that they engage and learn lots from it!
· Please pray for families who are struggling with life at the moment.
· Please pray for all our visitors and new families that they settle well into church and kids groups.
· Please pray for the team as we start preparing for the church weekend away.
Download a copy of the prayer bookmark here